Louvre Abu Dhabi has entrusted Davantis with the installation of our security systems to guarantee the protection of the new Louvre Museum located in Abu Dhabi. With a total perimeter of 24.000 m2 and over 400 surveillance cameras, the museum will be home to a large art collection from around the world. Architect Jean Nouvel, has been in charge of the design of this museum-city, where the centerpiece is a huge seemingly floating silvery dome. This extraordinary dome of 180 meters and almost 8000 stars defines a complex geometric pattern. It is designed so that the sunlight filters through creating an inspiring effect that means to represent the palm trees of the United Arab Emirates.
• Critical installation of 24,000 m2
• Over 400 surveillance cameras with DAVANTIS security systems
• The total weight of the dome is 7,500 tonnes
• The largest star is 13 m in diameter
• Louvre Abu Dhabi is 40 m above sea level