In 1918, MILAN started making its landmark ‘crumbly’ erasers with synthetic rubber. They were a great success and immediately became popular, making the name MILAN synonymous with the eraser.
In the 1950s, the company started shipping its products to Latin America, marketing the product in Chile, Colombia and Venezuela.
In the 1960s, the first plastic resin eraser was created, wrapped in pink cellophane, and christened “MILAN nata 624”. And then, in the 1980s, came the first extra soft plastic eraser, with great absorption power, which erases without leaving residue.
From the 1990s onwards, the company started exporting to the rest of the world and the range of erasers was extended.
In the 21st century, MILAN began marketing other school and office products as well as continuing to sell erasers.